Travel Training is for anyone who is interested in learning to safely and independently use Wichita Transit to travel throughout the Wichita community.
- Enhances mobility options in the community
- Promotes independence
- Teaches practical skills to travel Wichita safely
- Provides low-cost transportation option
Travel Training includes...
- Planning your trip
- Reading and understanding route maps and schedules
- Determining appropriate routes for travel to medical appointments, employment and education or social destinations
- Getting to and from your bus stops
- Paying fares, purchasing tickets and passes
- Getting on and off the bus safely (boarding and departure of bus)
- Boarding and riding the bus with travel trainer
How it works
- One-on-one or group instruction in a series of steps to lead to independent travel.
- Customized instruction is provided until client feels comfortable to use public transit independently.
- Can be destination travel or general orientation
- Group presentations available for staff meetings, classrooms or community events. Tours also available. Training can be customized to fit any organization's needs.